Rivo is an event discovery platform that allows users to find, follow and synchronize with calendars that interest them. The calendars operate as either topic or location-centric content channels that stream information about relevant upcoming events, and the channels themselves can be created and managed by the persons or organizations who are curating the details. Users can browse these channels by featured lists, categories and topics as well as by general search.
Rivo engaged Talespin to design and implement new features for the iOS portion of the platform as well as consult and assist with updates on the associated product websites and backend infrastructure. Talespin’s design, engineering and management leads worked closely with counterparts on the Rivo team to define and align on priorities as well as identify key touch points across the product spectrum. Our objective was to capitalize on the forward momentum of the existing platform and, in parallel, find ways to innovate and improve the production ecosystem at a rapid pace.
- Rivo & Talespin joined in partnership to develop iOS platform and backend infrastructure
- Talespin implemented a design strategy to create a simple and nuanced user experience
- iOS app was programmed using native coding
- Website & backend infrastructure were deployed by using Amazon Web Services platform
- Rivo was successfully submitted on the App Store in 2016 summer holiday season